Sunday ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple Sundays ago my girlfriend and I were out for a ride. She had been telling me about this place near where she used to live. We went up to check it out and ended up taking a 3 mile trip back in the woods.

It wasn't anything too serious, but some spots made her nervous.

I still need to get my skids and hooks, damn it!

Anyway, here are some pics...
You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaffer......that looks like fun. It doesn't have to be a hard trail to enjoy the jeep and exploring. Nice pic's.

If you want to meet up somewhere for a ride, pm me and I will give you my cell#.

Dave

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had planned on walking the trail before driving down it, but when we got there, I decided to drive down it a little ways. Then we just keep going. Next thing we knew, we were back in the woods in the middle of nowhere.

There were some places where the road completely dissappeared by leaves and debris; some places that were steep, and then other places where the road was barely wide enough for my Jeep.

We never did make it to the end of the road. We ran into a Adirondack Park Perserve gate that was pad locked. The worst part was, there was no place to turn around and the road was no wider than my Jeep. I had to do a 12 million point turn to get headed back the other way.

It should be an interesting trail in the spring.

I can definitely see why I need underbody protection now. There were a few places where there were some big rocks in the middle of the trail. One wrong line and say bye-bye to my ****** or something else.