suggest tires/wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was looking at getting some new tires / wheels and was looking for suggestions. I know cragar soft 8's are popular and i like them, maybe anything out there comparable ? Also for tires was wondering peoples experiences, looking for an AT or something comparable.... aggressive looking tire is always good :icon_lol:

will be used for moderate off roading and as a DD

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
was looking at getting some new tires / wheels and was looking for suggestions. I know cragar soft 8's are popular and i like them, maybe anything out there comparable ? Also for tires was wondering peoples experiences, looking for an AT or something comparable.... aggressive looking tire is always good :icon_lol:

will be used for moderate off roading and as a DD

wheels if aftermarket 16 X7 with 4 inches of backspacing when lifted
Several different brands out there just depends on what you like
check out the Duratracs, gave me great service, over 90,000 miles and did really good in everything I put them through

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that choosing wheels really depends on personal preference. Here is one option-- American Racing Wheels|4WheelOnline. AR has various styles from classic design to modern street looking wheels. For the tires, trail grapplers are worth considering. Just like the duratracs, they are a bit more aggressive than a regular AT.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dont recommend aftermarket rims. A lot of them by large arent the right offset and will throw ride off.
Have you checked kk wheel?

You must be registered for see images attach

Or do this :)

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheels if aftermarket 16 X7 with 4 inches of backspacing when lifted
Several different brands out there just depends on what you like
check out the Duratracs, gave me great service, over 90,000 miles and did really good in everything I put them through

got the 16x7 4bs soft 8's. i am lifted so 245/70/16 should work well ? or 245/75

Last edited:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right now stock 29 '' tires. Will there be noticeable power/shifting decrease if going to 29.5''(245/70/16) or 30'' (255/70/16)? I've decided on ko2's which also have a 30.4 ''(245/75/16) option. Also factoring in the heavier tire and the heavier cragars

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed going up to 245/70R-16 from stock. Feels like it takes a bit more to get rolling.. gotta work the forward momentum now!

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dont recommend aftermarket rims. A lot of them by large arent the right offset and will throw ride off.
Have you checked kk wheel?

You must be registered for see images attach

Or do this :)

the wheels that you have pictured. I find lots of those style for sale. do they have a different backspacing than our stock wheels??

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wheels that you have pictured. I find lots of those style for sale. do they have a different backspacing than our stock wheels??

i believe they are the stock wheels that he just painted black...i could be wrong