Stuff to do when you buy a used KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjdreamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I recently bought a used KJ and realized that the PO took very good care of the car and even had:

Fresh oil change
Power Steering fluid flush
Radiator flush
Brake Fluid flush

all done about 6 months before I bought it and he only put 40 miles on it since then (it was his wife's Jeep but he bought her a 2015 Grand Cherokee).

Is there anything else I should do?
It's only a 2WD.

No engine oil flush as I don't want to stir up any sludge and get anything clogged. Even though I don't think this engine has any sludge because the dipstick is still reading clean as a whistle even after driving it for 1,000 miles

Maybe rear diff fluid?
****** flush/
No

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Where was the radiator flush done? Do you know what type of coolant they put in there when they did it?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
HOAT is what do I call it..clear but kinda reddish in color?
Take the reservoir cap off when cold. Have a peak in there.
52496[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully it is not green or just clear.
Otherwise another real dealer flush on their recirculating machine, would be recommended.

Attachments

• Jeep%20Coolant%20Reservoir.jpg
    Jeep%20Coolant%20Reservoir.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0

kjdreamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOAT is what do I call it..clear but kinda reddish in color?
Take the reservoir cap off when cold. Have a peak in there.
Hopefully it is not green or just clear.
Otherwise another real dealer flush on their recirculating machine, would be recommended.

it's pinkish
could be orangeish
or very light orange
not hi-c orange

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be safe...be sure...buy HOAT and drain your cooling system...Start fresh!

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 3 years ago I took my 06 Dodge 3500 dually with CTD to the Dodge Dealership in Waco, TX. I was a little low on the HOAT coolant. The parts dept. guy said he had never heard of it. He said we just use the type that will work for everything. Couldn't find any to sell me. I told him to go check with the mechanics. It had a sticker under the hood that said to use only the HOAT and not to mix it. He came back and told me the mechanics had never heard of it either. I'm scared to go back there and haven't been back since. So far I haven't needed any for the Jeep, knock on wood. Still original fluid since I just hit 40,000 miles. Original everything except my lift. Still on the first set of brake pads (LOL). Anyway, didn't know it called for HOAT. Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the U.S. Government takeover and occupation of Texas is complete this August, all sequestered citizens will be issued HOAT coolant on an as-needed basis after signing the Loyalty Oath...

colorado76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the U.S. Government takeover and occupation of Texas is complete this August, all sequestered citizens will be issued HOAT coolant on an as-needed basis after signing the Loyalty Oath...

:happy175: Only in Texas, You know things are bigger so they say LOL.:grd:

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Don't think we try to stop them. Remember the Alamo? We had several fighters from other states that came to help so y'all get ready to come on down. I may he killed just like those at the Alamo but if it prevents government expansion and Marshal Law in Texas, I won't give a HOAT.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score

Does "HOAT" stand for Help Oklahoma Annex Texas? :mexsmoke:

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only kidding, Big Brother. Please don't come down here and harass me. Although, I do cling to my guns, religion, and my KJ. That makes me a Patriot, which is a good thing. Give me my Liberty or give me death. (Or not)