Stop Lights Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwakie

Reaction score
Hi Folks, All my stop lights just stopped working. I already checked the fuse box and all was in order. Any ideas? Alos how do I replace the rear bulbs I cant seem to find the access panel.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks, All my stop lights just stopped working. I already checked the fuse box and all was in order. Any ideas? Alos how do I replace the rear bulbs I cant seem to find the access panel.

You're sure it's not a fuse? Hmm, the only other thing I could think of would be some sort of relay, but I don't have my manual handy so I'm not sure if there is a relay for the stop-lights. Oh, and by 'stop lights' I assume you're referring to your brake lights?

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the bulbs...make sure they are not blown. Do do this, open your tailgate and get out a torx set. Undo the two screws that hold the light in and pull out (Takes a fair amount of force to pop them out...more than you would think)...just pull straight out towards you. Then twist the little caps and pull out to check the bulbs. Hope it helps!

-Ryan

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the bulbs...make sure they are not blown. Do do this, open your tailgate and get out a torx set. Undo the two screws that hold the light in and pull out (Takes a fair amount of force to pop them out...more than you would think)...just pull straight out towards you. Then twist the little caps and pull out to check the bulbs. Hope it helps!

-Ryan

I was going to suggest that, but the sheer ubelievability of both bulbs going out was too much, and I couldn't post the comment.

Gwakie

Reaction score
Stop Lights

You're sure it's not a fuse? Hmm, the only other thing I could think of would be some sort of relay, but I don't have my manual handy so I'm not sure if there is a relay for the stop-lights. Oh, and by 'stop lights' I assume you're referring to your brake lights?

Yes, I am referring to the break lights. I am quite sure its not a fuse, I replaced it but no luck. What stears me from thinking its bulbs is both tail lights dont work and neither does the break light above the rear lift glass work. There is usually a switch underneath the break pedal but I cant seem to find it. Any ideas?

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once in a blue moon I'll have a vehicle come into the shop with all three bulbs burned out. Doesn't happen all at once. One'll go out, a month later another, finally in about another year the third one's gone and it's like WTF!!! Bulbs are blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Bgrav

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with a 04 I just bought for my son. Replaced the brake switch. Still no brakes. No power to rear cluster. Start following wires tomorrow.