Stock KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here own a bone stock KJ?

And why?

Me - I like things simple and uncluttered. So, the only changed I'd ever think of making is perhaps a slight lift and knobbly tyres.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm bone stock here. Mostly becuase i'm spending all my spare money on home improvement projects. It will probalby stay mostly stock - will throw a 2.5" lift on at some point and some better tires - but am waiting for stock tires to wear some more first.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much bone stock here. I dont consider a Sirius Sportster to be a modification. So far, I just havent decided whether or not I want to throw that much money into this or if I want to wait and get a new JK and end up with a two Jeep driveway, becuase there's no way I'm gonna trade this in and get screwed over.

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty well stock too. So far I've added BFG All-Terrain tires, and iPod kit and a hitch. Beyond that, I'm adding a front hitch and a Wilderness rack, and maybe some off road lights. I don't want to add to much because I think that at some point the wife is going to steal the Libby, and I may get another Wrangler to replace the one I had in the pre-kid days.

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
STOCK!!! except for sirius...i consider that an add on.... \:D/ ...thats all i got...oh yeah and i got ventshades. Does the USA spec thing for sirius count??? :-k

Brigrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am as close to stock as you can get...tires are my only upgrade...I have been pretty rough on my renegade, and it has never let me down. I will eventually add the OMEmu 1.5" lift mostly for the durability, and improced ride, but for now, stock is working great...having the light bar, skid plates, and tow package off the lot has allowed me to avoid upgrades.

dnm45227

Reaction score
both of ours are stock. may do a hitch on the crd and some bfg's on the rennie though.

gunflint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock for now except for the molded slash guards. I just got it in October and with Christmas so close haven't had time or the discretionary funds to play with. I will be getting a lift (probably a Rusty's coil lift) and bigger tires and maybe a bull nose but that's about it. I might do something about the headlights but I haven't decided what yet.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
mechanically stock here.

jimj

Reaction score
I’m all stock, only had the KJ for 2 months. I would like to add some armor like rock rails and skids before I take out for the first time.

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is internally stock for now, except for the K&N filter I just put in it. I have a habit of modding the outside first, lol.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i dont have stock tires anymore.....nor do I have the stock airfilter...none stock wipers.....LoL

it's 99.8% stock.... :-s

2003KJ

Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
i dont have stock tires anymore.....nor do I have the stock airfilter...none stock wipers.....LoL

it's 99.8% stock.... :-s

You forgot the battery too...so that'd be about 99.6%

frikki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, yes. I've only had the KJ since May, so I really haven't had that much time with it. Also, I can't have the insurance company void any coverage because of mods. They are already doing a great job at getting me a low rate (the guy is lying for me, actually). Plus, it's too much $$$ for me right now. I am saving for stuff, however. O:)

But that's not to say that the stock KJ hasn't been good to me. He's been quite wonderful, much much better than the '82 Chevy Custom I drove before. I love Lars just the way he is, but I still think he needs a cat-back, lift, better tires, bull bar, skids... There's so much. I'd even like to add racing seats someday 8-[ .

2372ighost

Reaction score
Wife's 02 limited is stock to include tires and battery 53xxx mi.
My 02 sport is not 114xxx mi.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is, other than the smoke corner lamps, which have to come back off anyway because one of them had condensation in it, so i have to reseal it. I'm probably gonna the mopar exhaust for it soon though, but other than that, I don't plan to do a whole lot to it, i originally was going to lift it, but I scrapped that idea....at least for now.