Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So, again, I am kinda new here. Still learning some of the Jeep "secrets". I have an '03 Sport. What makes the Sport different than the limited and the base model Libby aside from the obvious?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
BLS WA Chapter SDMF said:
So, again, I am kinda new here. Still learning some of the Jeep "secrets". I have an '03 Sport. What makes the Sport different than the limited and the base model Libby aside from the obvious?

Hardly anything. The Limited has better seats, painted / chrome / brushed aluminum "look" trim, and the option to get leather. The 3.7L is also standard with the Limited.

Other than that, they're all pretty much the same. I don't understand high-level vehicles personally. Just buy the base model and be happy, IMO. Anything else is weight increasing fluff.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Hardly anything. The Limited has better seats, painted / chrome / brushed aluminum "look" trim, and the option to get leather. The 3.7L is also standard with the Limited.

Other than that, they're all pretty much the same. I don't understand high-level vehicles personally. Just buy the base model and be happy, IMO. Anything else is weight increasing fluff.

However, the leather seats I find are rubbish, when I went in a leather seated KJ offroading I was all over the place, and I don't like how they feel.

I think the Sport looks more toy-like (not a bad thing at all!), and looks less showy (that'll irritate a few people here - but I don't mean to, that's why I got the sport)

And a few more accessories, but really they are basically the same.

Both good!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:

HEY! I wanted the free Columbia Jacket with zip out liner when I got my 2004 Columbia Edition!! It was all worth the x-tra doe!!

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the leather seats in my Limited.

Cloth seats, in any vehicle I've ever had created a static charge on my body and I would get a shock when exiting the vehicle.

Sounds strange, but true.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Marlon_JBT said:

HEY! I wanted the free Columbia Jacket with zip out liner when I got my 2004 Columbia Edition!! It was all worth the x-tra doe!!
That's not part of the vehicle, lol.

<-- already had and has a collection of Columbia jackets, lol. Wearing one right now.

2003KJ

Reaction score
timmer said:
I love the leather seats in my Limited.

Cloth seats, in any vehicle I've ever had created a static charge on my body and I would get a shock when exiting the vehicle.

Sounds strange, but true.

Not strange at all...happens to me all the time, especially in the winter.

I wish I had the leather on mine...but I couldn't afford a limited. The cloth seats are really hard to keep clean on this vehicle for some reason. I've been looking around for a set of leather seat covers but havent really seen much....anyone got any ideas?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the leather seats in my Limited. They smell so good after cleaning (which I do often!). Plus with the seat warmers, I never wear a coat in the winter so that I get full heat to the lower back. I could sleep in it... LOL

Anyway, I do like the Sport. The unpainted fenders are better for tight trails!