Spider Gear Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I went to install my Lock Right in my rear diff earlier today. Turned out to be an all day project. I have an LSD in my liberty, which blows my mind because its a 5spd sport that does not even have cruise control. I remember looking at the tag on or next to the diff a long time ago and it correlating to it being open, but whatever.

So obviously the locker isnt going to work. I got the clutch packs reinstalled with the thickest (smoothest one) on the inside (closest to crosspin) cupped to the back side of the ring gear. This is only going to make sense to someone who's taken one of these apart.

Now the spider gears. First off... Screw these things. Secondly, I can not, for the life of me, get the washers back behind them AND get them in place to get the crosspin back in. I need help.

The crosspin fits snug in between the two axles, the clutches (to the best of my knowledge) are stacked how they should be. I just need to know if there is some kind of trick to getting these back in. Also, if anyone has an exploded view of the diff that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to compress the clutch packs a little bit then turn them in using an axle in a vice. I'll see if I have any pictures of how I did it.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should add the entire axle assembly is still on the vehicle. But that does sound like it would work on a bench

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk