Spare Tire Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepsport

Reaction score
Since I live in the inner city,I am looking for a spare tire cover that will help to prevent vandalism as well as deter theft. The color of my Liberty is black, and the more the cover blends in and doesn't attract attention, the better. Roll-Master makes one that would be great since it locks but $150 extra just to paint it? Any suggestions?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just have the standard black Jeep Liberty cover. Plus I have wheel locks on.

There is also a lock that goes on behind the spare to keep it from getting taken off. Someone has posted a link to it on eBay before, but I couldn't locate it? Anyone else?

But I could see having a hard case in the inner city...

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spare tire cover, under that, the tire and a super thick cable lock. it's going to slow them down, and basiclly it comes down to this. You're only stopping the random ****** punk criminal.
If a professional wants it, he's going to get it.
Get a sticker that says, "Protected by Smith & Wesson". Maybe that will work?

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I put the $5.95 thingy on to prevent them from taking the whole mount with the tire, and then I cable locked the spare to the mount. As posted above, none of these things will stop a determined low-life, but it helps to move the casual low-life down the street to an easier target.

Latest posts

Members online