Spare set of rims for my KJ 2003

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Quick question on rims for a second set of Tyres.

Will a set of rims from a Wrangler fit on a KJ 2003? I am looking around (I am in the UK) for a spare set just to use the times I am going offraoding, I would fit even remould like AT or Mud. Size of tyres would be eighter 225/75R16, 235/70R16 or 245/70R16 with a good bite , at this stage I haven't fitted a lift on the Jeep (I will fit one in due course).

Thank you,

Fil.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, ones from a TJ should fit, but they must be over 16" in diameter, for brake clearance.

Ones from an XJ (84-01) should fit too, 16" at least...and then ones from a ZJ (Grand Cherokee, 93-98) will fit, 16" again.... :)

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be able to run a stock set of steel wheels of the Wrangler as well. even if they are 15". I don't think the 15" cast wheels will work though as they won't clear the front calipers. 15" wheels aslo open up an even greater selection of cheeper tires in all types...

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 15" TJ Wrangler steel wheels are a very tight fit around the caliper -

You must be registered for see images attach

IMO, I think you'd have more room with an alloy 15" Jeep rim, since they don't have the stepped lip that's interfering with the caliper on the inside.

Latest posts

Members online