Spare Key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paga

Reaction score
Recently bought a 2008 Jeep Liberty, only came with one key, the remote on the key head, but not remote start, perhaps no alarm because when I open the door with the key manually no alarm sounds (after locking it with the remote). Purchased a transponder key online, the grey one WITHOUT the remote on the head...Can the dealer program this key with their DRB III tool to work? I then would have a spare key without remote option (which I don't need in a spare key) and save much $$ on the 2nd key.

Reaction score
Opening it with the key won't set the alarm off. If you want to test it put the windows down, lock it with the key, then try to ulock it from the inside and open it from the outside

Sent using Charles Xavier

paga

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that...the reason I thought no alarm is because when test driving Libertys I opened 1 on the lot with the key and the alarm went off when I opened the door.

daveb

Reaction score
Once you have two keys, you can program more keys yourself. It is in the owners manual.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online