So whats this I hear about a new recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I get up this morning and my mother mentions that she heard on the news something about a new recall affecting '02-'03 Libertys. Apparently it has something to do with the front suspension (again). Can anyone shed more light on this?

Guess I'd better check my LBJs while I'm thinking about these things.

EDIT: looks like they are looking at the upper ball joints now. Here's an article I found doing a search. Doesn't look like it's reached recall status yet.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so isn't the suspension/ball joints the same for 02-07 MY, so if there is a problem with the upper ball joints in 02-03 it is just a matter of time before 04-07 has the same problem???? The lower BJ and now the upper.....Geeeezzzz............I am just thinking out loud here.

Dave

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I can use this with my wife as an argument to completely re-do my suspension and install those OME components I've been wanting...

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far my recalled (F-23) lbj have held up well (knock on wood). I've been wanting al's a-arm, so this might be a good excuse to buy them.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far my recalled (F-23) lbj have held up well (knock on wood). I've been wanting al's a-arm, so this might be a good excuse to buy them.
Yeah, I'm thinking a lot of people with lifted KJs are going to be ordering Al's Arms pretty soon ;)
Ok, so isn't the suspension/ball joints the same for 02-07 MY, so if there is a problem with the upper ball joints in 02-03 it is just a matter of time before 04-07 has the same problem???? The lower BJ and now the upper.....Geeeezzzz............I am just thinking out loud here.

Dave
The number for a UCA on the '05s is 52088632AC and for the '03s it is AB, so they did some minor modification in the design somewhere in there. Don't know what it was but I would say the chances are fairly good that this would include the newer models somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking a lot of people with lifted KJs are going to be ordering Al's Arms pretty soon ;)

The number for a UCA on the '05s is 52088632AC and for the '03s it is AB, so they did some minor modification in the design somewhere in there. Don't know what it was but I would say the chances are fairly good that this would include the newer models somewhere down the line.

Yea....darn beancounters messing with our jeeps......

Dave

Latest posts

Members online