So Let's Talk Insurance...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Wasn't exactly sure what category it fell under.

So a while back a member posted about insurance and how much you pay. I want to delve a little deeper into that because I'm interested in making a switch.

I'd really just like to scratch the surface. Can you guys tell me...

1) Who is your provider?
2) What you pay
3) What you get (very short) and
4) Would you recommend? Why/Why not?

As I'm shopping I realize it's pretty easy to get competitive rates...but it's not so easy to see the garbage that comes with those rates. For instance how easy is it to make a claim? How harsh is a company AFTER you make a claim? Have you been dropped? How hard do tickets affect your price/coverage?

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much!

For reference...my info:

1) New Jersey Manufacturers
2) $1600/year ($133/month)
3) $1m liability coverage, $250 deductible, Collision...$250 deductible, Comprehensive...$250 deductible.
4) So far not really. I seem to be paying the most out of anyone I know. Their customer service ***** too.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1>nordic (canada)
2 1860/a 155/m
3 2 milion liability 0 deductable coilsion fire theft
thus far i have a great experience with them it is through be air direct... i get paid the first and 15th of the month i my payment due on the 14th .... it sucs... i called 3 days before payment came out and they switched my due date to the 20th of the month for me always hepfu

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1>nordic (canada)
2 1860/a 155/m
thus far i have a great experience with them it is through be air direct... i get paid the first and 15th of the month i my payment due on the 14th .... it sucs... i called 3 days before payment came out and they switched my due date to the 20th of the month for me always hepfu

If you don't mind me asking, Why are you with Nordic?

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with bel air direct... they are underwritten by nordic. so therefore my price is nordics with a smal commission i am assuming.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with bel air direct... they are underwritten by nordic. so therefore my price is nordics with a smal commission i am assuming.

Oh now I see, I thought your insurance was Nordic at first, They are the market for less than desirable drivers and sky high rates.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have one of the owest rates that i now around here.... friend of mine has a 05 malibu and pays the same as i do . with some other company . i'm also a non risk driver never had an accident.

now state farm THATS a high rate.,

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
--American family.

--$1500 per year but that is for 2 vehicles and renters insurance.

--$250/$250 deductibles.The KJ is covered for $60k with multiple riders applied,the Town Car also has full coverage.

--Results will vary as my good high school buddy is also my insurance agent,they do however cover any accident on a "road" which covers forest service roads which all trails here in CO are labeled(along with MOAB).They also have no problems insuring extreme modified vehicles which I now many do have issues and won't even cover most Jeeps period.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya they wanna know everything when you mod a jeep or any vehicle i know alot of guys that go through issues cuz of cuztom mods and such that definitly inflates the rate at times. also city or suburb etc makes a difference too

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$92.00/month for 2 cars with Safeco...of course, our advanced ages may have something to do with that...:happy175:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya they wanna know everything when you mod a jeep or any vehicle i know alot of guys that go through issues cuz of cuztom mods and such that definitly inflates the rate at times. also city or suburb etc makes a difference too
I just dropped off my binder with all my invoices,he wasn't very happy it took like 4 hours to copy everything.

Companies like gieco and such won't even insure a Wrangler unless it's a '07+ and that is sketchy.Most only allow so much $$$ for covered mods also,most are only $5000 after that amount your SOL.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dropped off my binder with all my invoices,he wasn't very happy it took like 4 hours to copy everything.

Companies like gieco and such won't even insure a Wrangler unless it's a '07+ and that is sketchy.Most only allow so much $$$ for covered mods also,most are only $5000 after that amount your SOL.

i'd imagine it might be similar in canada if my stereo is worth more then 500 bucks they want more money ... adding skidpates woudl be considered a mod...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
$540/year, full coverage. Geico. God help you if you have a claim, because they won't.

95whtzr2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a 30 year old male with geico near Austin, tx. I pay $465/6 mos on the trucks in my signature- liability on a 1995 s10 (they're assuming stock, I know I need to get this worked out but haven't yet), full coverage on a 2007 dodge 2500, and a comprehensive on the 2003 liberty. I am the only person on the plan, and it isn't bundled with any other insurance.

I have:

-uninsured motorist up to 25k with $250 deductible on all vehicles.
-$500 deductible on most claims (windshield is $50 deductible, there might be other outliers)
-100k/300k bodily injury
-50k property
-personal injury protection $2500

I had filed a claim with them in 2009 when some ****** shot my truck, it was only ~$1500 damage, but they took care of the claim with no issues, no complaints for that. They did however increase my rates one year (unrelated to claim) and when I called to cancel they reduced them down lower than they were previously (crappy way to do business IMO)

Last edited:

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1>nordic (canada)
2 1860/a 155/m

as an edit to thi if i increae my premium i can get my rate down to 98 a month

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$148 a month, for both the Kia and the Libby. Both full coverage through Progressive. I swear when it goes down here by the end of this year if something happens to me again either another accident (All no fault due to weather conditions) or stupid ticket (I will admit fault on my tickets though the last two I could have contested in court and should have by where the officer was sitting shooting radar and another officer actually admitting he never should have pulled me over for the issue but the guy who forced me to pass on the right because: A he was not doing the speed limit and should have gone to the right hand lane, B he tried to outrun me when I was passing him why didn't he get pulled over? He had a truck with Firefighter Plates, I had a factory loud and factory fast Focus) I'm gonna get me a moped to ride instead.