snorkel kit found for the kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
execpt its $435 for the snorkel and $76 to ship it to the US, call Drik at www.dpgoffroad.com he is the only person in the US who sells them, and I think he has them cheaper or he did, he is also an ARB dealer and has OME coils for $72 each, thats where I got my coils from

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
execpt its $435 for the snorkel and $76 to ship it to the US, call Drik at www.dpgoffroad.com he is the only person in the US who sells them, and I think he has them cheaper or he did, he is also an ARB dealer and has OME coils for $72 each, thats where I got my coils from

the way that i understand it if you are buying it from the US they will convery it to US $$$ 344.394 USD and to ship 57.0118 USD

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's only $406, Not too bad if there are no hidden customs charges.

Actually it is only $377, I just noticed that there is a %10 tax for Australian residents. It's taken off of international orders.

Last edited:

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of mine.

Be prepared to spend all day on the installation and fabrication especially if one of the templates is missing (like with me).

I recommend spending the extra $75 deposit for the jig, the outer fender template is wrong. There are three layers of steel between the snorkel and the air box. I used an airsaw to cut out the two inner fenders. The template for the final layer was missing so it was best-guess.

The hardware for the airbox is not 100% compatible with my airbox (maybe different down under) so modifications to the fins were required. The blocking plate that came with the kit was useless in my case so I made my own out of star board.

Once it's on, it's dead sexy, I don't recommend doing this if you down own an airsaw, a good drill and a very sharp 3" hole saw (and are noT afraid to use it).

Attachments

• DSCF0828.jpg
    DSCF0828.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0846.jpg
    DSCF0846.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 39

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you this much:

The kit comes with a skinny metal rectangular "blocking plate" to plug up the original intake. My intake was a 3" round.

The kit comes with a plastic inlet (3" round) that needs to be attached to the side of the box. My box has all these fins that do not allow this piece to be mounted. I has to grind down the fins to make the surface smoothe. Then I had to imagineer the piece to the box.

Clear your schedule for the day when you install this.

Also, when I first installed the kit I got a CEL upon start up. It went away after two or three trips and never came back. After getting my butt kicked all day, I was really bummed when I saw that light!

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it depends the snorkels were prototyped on an 02 and an 04 ( one of which is still on mine) and the earlier airboxes have a rectangular opening ( which the blanking plate is made for ) the crd's have the round opening

i never got a cel from fitting one of the prototypes to my V6

Members online

No members online now.