Smallest tire with a lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I know this is a strange question. How many if any of you run stock size tires with your lift? I decided back in the winter that I was not going to get a lift. I don't have nearly the time I'd like to have to be on the trails and my poor Jeep sees mostly highways. So I went ahead and got a set of 235/70/16 Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmors. They have about 5K miles on them now. Are they going to look tiny? They aren't that much smaller than the 245/70/16 tires that a lot of guys run lifted.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two sets of wheels. The 245/70/16's look really good with the 5" BS on the Cragar rims.

The 235/65/17's look alittle small with the lift. I had the OME lift front and rear for alittle while and they looked great. Then I put the Rusts coils on the front and it made them look smaller. I can live with it for now since I get good mpg with the stock tires. The cragars drop the mpg around 2-3mpg..

When the time comes to replace the 235/65/17's, Ill probably go with the 245/65/17's. I shouldnt loose mpg like I do with the cragars since Ill be using the stock rims. They 245/70/16's and the 245/65/17's are the same size, but the cragar rims weight around 20lbs more a piece which hurts the mpg at higher speeds and on the hills.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will look a little small, but depends on the lift. 5inch, yes a little small, a smaller lift, probably not bad. you will be able to stuff the tire nicely though, think of it that way...

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 235/65/17's look alittle small with the lift. I had the OME lift front and rear for alittle while and they looked great. Then I put the Rusts coils on the front and it made them look smaller.

Thanks for the pics jeepjeepster. Why did you go from the OME to Rusty's? Just more height, or were there other reasons?