skyjacker kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IVIike13

Reaction score
i installed a skyjacker kit abotu two weeks ago but i have herd many bad things about this kit is it really that bad or are people just saying that. also how long does it take for you to get noticable sag in this kit can i just bye a spacer kit when it sags and put that in?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've had my SkyJacker lift on for almost 3 years and like it(front struts wear fast though).Since I got one off the first lifts my coils are not the "softride" coils that come with the new lifts(Iknow I've got a extra pair of front coils),it only started sagging after I added the ARB front bumber with a winch(only about 3/8",took care off it with a cleavis lift).

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Skyjacker kits aren't a bad lift, not the best, but a good value for the money. The bad lifts are the OTT spacer lifts.

HIKJ

Reaction score
I have the Skyjacker coilover kit on my 2.8 CRD 2005. It was expensive and expected superior quality. Well, it gives a nice comfortable ride, but it wears quickly. The first rear shock failed quickly and had to be replaced. Now one of the front struts begins to make noise. The kit is clearly not resistant to driving on tracks (although I am always very careful and slower than anybody else). Further, the suspension is too weak for this type of terrain. Finally, the front struts do produce the infamous contact of the upper A-arm with the spring. And the rear springs come loose at full extension. So, I am not happy with this expensive product.
I have decided to have it replaced by an OME kit. A little less lift, but hopefully better quality!

KJ2005

Reaction score
The Best kit

The Skyjacker kits aren't a bad lift, not the best, but a good value for the money. The bad lifts are the OTT spacer lifts.

I'm new to KJ Jeep lift kits, just got 245/70/16 tires and am planning to install a kit after they wear down. It seems like Rusty's kit is most popular, says 4 coils 2 shocks, 2 struts and that's what I'm looking for, no spacers.

sky jacker is almost 1000.00 can looks like better parts but the reviews here say the skyjacker struts wear fast.

BDS seems about the same price as rusty's but I'm guessing you use your stock shocks/struts or get ranchos and nBig Al's A-Arms like another review?

I guess I'm leaning to rustys for the bang for the buck, hopefully new a-arms won't be necessary. Wonder if installing it now will make my 245/70/16s look small.