Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking under a number of KKs and KJs with the intent to buy, I saw almost no skid plates.

Under mine I believe I saw none.

I'm trying to find what I'm missing.

From the adverts I see a front (plastic?) air dam or skid plate?, a transmission skid plate, material unknown, and a tank skid plate which appears to be a metal box.

What was the original on the 2008 Liberty Limited?

3? Or more? Which?

This looks like a good time for the junk yard, but they are few and far between here in Utah, unlike when I was in Los Angeles and we had quite a few with a good supply of cars.

Thanks
dc

Reaction score
Looking under a number of KKs and KJs with the intent to buy, I saw almost no skid plates.

Under mine I believe I saw none.

I'm trying to find what I'm missing.

From the adverts I see a front (plastic?) air dam or skid plate?, a transmission skid plate, material unknown, and a tank skid plate which appears to be a metal box.

What was the original on the 2008 Liberty Limited?

3? Or more? Which?

This looks like a good time for the junk yard, but they are few and far between here in Utah, unlike when I was in Los Angeles and we had quite a few with a good supply of cars.

Thanks
dc
I have the build sheet, which is available to anyone on the web, for my recently purchased 2008 Limited. It shows skid plates on the build sheet. I think they were an option.

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

That's what I was starting to think. Factory or dealer options. Most of them didn't have it, as most of them never went off road.

I'm only thinking of mild off road, to get my atv to some trails. So I probably don't need them at least initially.

How did you get your build sheet? Just came with the purchase? Or is there a source?
dc

Reaction score
Thanks

That's what I was starting to think. Factory or dealer options. Most of them didn't have it, as most of them never went off road.

I'm only thinking of mild off road, to get my atv to some trails. So I probably don't need them at least initially.

How did you get your build sheet? Just came with the purchase? Or is there a source?
dc
Thanks

dc

Just got all this online. Nothing came with my purchase of a 12 year old Liberty!
I do feel lucky though that this Liberty was so well optioned. https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check-lookup/1J8GN58K28W139065

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check-lookup/1J8GN58K28W139065

Also I got the original window sticker

https://monroneylabels.com/cars/2562156-2008-jeep-liberty?convert=true

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online