skid plate nutzerts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are only a couple of bucks at the dealer.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not expensive if you only need one. It's if you need a bunch of them plus the nutzert tool.

#6503571....screw....$3.34
#6505294AA.....rivet........$2.93

Part # and prices copied from my invoice in 08 so that was a couple of years ago.....still, you only need one.

Dave

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow that is expensive seeing as they are between 45-75 cents apiece at Fastenal

If you got yours from Fastenal they are the wrong type. You need hex rivnuts, not ribbed. Fastenal does not carry hex type. I have a fastenal just down the street from me at work and I payed them a visit. The guy there said they don't have any that are hex.

These are more what we need:
http://www.rivetsinstock.com/rivet65.htm

Just need to find out what size they are I guess. The only problem there is that they only come in 100 pc boxes. Maybe I can call them?

Oh and the dealer here wants over $4 for each one. I can get one I guess but i'd like to have a couple on hand. May just get one from them once I know if I absolutely have to have one.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got yours from Fastenal they are the wrong type. You need hex rivnuts, not ribbed. Fastenal does not carry hex type. I have a fastenal just down the street from me at work and I payed them a visit. The guy there said they don't have any that are hex.

These are more what we need:
http://www.rivetsinstock.com/rivet65.htm

Just need to find out what size they are I guess. The only problem there is that they only come in 100 pc boxes. Maybe I can call them?

Oh and the dealer here wants over $4 for each one. I can get one I guess but i'd like to have a couple on hand. May just get one from them once I know if I absolutely have to have one.

That is interesting, I didn't realize that the ones for the skid plates were a different style than the ones for the Lightbar/Roof Rails/Rear deflector. (those all come with the ribbed type)... Sorry to misinform you then.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got 20 of these for nuthin.

http://www.rivetsonline.com/half-hex-body-large-flange-rivet-nut-rn101538slx.html

I hope they are the right ones.

Just so everyone knows. These are the correct rivnuts for the skid plates. I just fixed my TC skid plate up with two of these. I think I overtorqued the originals and they fell apart inside the crossmember. This time I was more careful and it is nice and snug now. If anyone is needing any, I have a few leftover that I'll sell you cheap + shipping.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but why do you need the hex style? Why will any rivnut not work?

That's what comes in the kit you get if you buy a mopar skid plate. Also, if you look at where they go it is a hex hole. That keeps it from spinning. I couldn't image using a ribbed rivnut in a hex hole. It would surely spin.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh. I see that now. At first glance, I thought the OD of the nutsert was round, and the inner hole was hex. Could not figure out the purpose... Just a brain fart. Pardon me. :sleepy10:

Latest posts

Members online