Sirius question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what some of you are paying for Sirius after the free trial period. When I owned my Element I had XM and after the free trial period was done, I didn't renew it. Some members on the E board were calling XM and after much haggling, were getting it for like $79/year. Others called and couldn't get it for that. So I was just wondering what some of the experiences were on this board with the Sirius.
Thanks!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had mine for a year free and didn't renew it (05-06). Just before the free year was over, they sent me a letter to renew it and it was $12.95 a month if I remember right. I never responded and it was definately cut off. I checked it a couple of times. I was listening to all the old 50's stuff and Sinatra. So I did miss that. Now I am back to George Carlin cd's and soft rock on the radio......haha.

Then a funny thing happened about a month or so ago. All of a sudden it was working again. I never heard from them so I am guessing they are giving it free for a short period of time and then will send me a letter to renew it or something. We'll see what happens now. I'm sure they will cut mine off again but I don't listen to it very much any more.

If you could get it for $79 a year if you pre-pay it might be worth it. Maybe you can haggle with them when the time comes???

Dave

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just called them this morning and pre-paid for a year and got it at $116.00.
So, I'm happy for now. Who knows what it will be next year. They wouldn't guarantee it at that price for next year even though I told them I pre-pay for the next year also......oh well. I'm happy with my Sirius!!!!!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My uncle has Sirius, free for a year on his Ford truck, but I found it to sound pretty bad compared to FM. Is it supposed to be like that? It just sounds muffled when we switch to SAT. If Satellite radio sounds like that, I wouldn't pay a dime for it, especially if it doesn't sound as good as FM.

KKDude08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never understood that whole "Satellite sounds worse than FM" thing. No static, no fading in or out, lots of variety, and no commercials. Also, does the average car have an audio system that is so refined that you can hear an appreciable difference? My Mercedes sounded great with the Harmon surround system, but my jeep even with the infinity and sub and all that will never sound good enough to make FM sound better than satellite. No way. Even if that were the case are all those commercials worth it?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, there is something wrong with it. Have him take it in to the Ford dealer.
x2. I have my Sirius receiver hooked up with the 'direct FM connect' unit and it sounds great, and I have the ability to drive all around and get the same sound quality (no fading like terrestrial radio).

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Sirius sounds absolutely fine! I love it. I had XM in my Element I had and enjoyed that too. There are certains spots when driving where I lose the signal for a second, like near a 20' concrete wall, on my way to work. But that's to be expected.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Sirius sounds absolutely fine! I love it. I had XM in my Element I had and enjoyed that too. There are certains spots when driving where I lose the signal for a second, like near a 20' concrete wall, on my way to work. But that's to be expected.

That's just "off the wall", Foxy.......:D

Mine comes in nice and clear also. It just doesn't like trees or being parked in the garage.

Dave