Side Window Air Deflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
They stick on with 3M tape which is already on the back. Peel off the plastic, stick on. The hardest part about installing these is lining them up because once they're on..... they're on.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good eye. :)

Make sure you clean the surface with alcohol before you stick them on.

If you rub alcohol all over the place make sure you wax around the vent visors AFTER you put them on.

Personally I like the in-channel visors.

BMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever try a cheap in channel set from ebay?

Something like these:

ebay visors

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are awesome.
I got the ventvisor in-channel visors that are smoked/tinted. The in-channel look a lot better than the ones thats go on the outside. The also easier to install. Plus if the 3M tape is to ever wear out the Visor won't fly off while your driving.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the stick on mopars, they worked great although the visors make it a bit noisier on windy days.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do any off-roading in heavily wooded areas, I would strongly recommend avoiding these altogether. If I had those things on my truck, they'd be ripped clean off the first time I went out.

mikes07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody, the in channel visors seem like the way to go, now to decide which brand. The weather tech is a little more $$ but if their built better thats what important.

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Weathertech ones that slide in the channel. No sticky. I never had problems with mine in 6 years in weather down to -35 and never had problems seeing through the dark tint.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Mopar stick-on ones on my previous KJ for 4 years without any sign of them coming unstuck.

I dunno, man, last time I went out wheeling, I was prying... PRYING the pine needles and branches out of every seam and door handle crevice with a screwdriver and utility knife. Both side-view mirrors folded down because of the force of the tree limbs over the trail.

mikes07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did get the Weathertech front and back in channel dark for xmas plus the slush matts now those are nice.:D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They stick on with 3M tape which is already on the back. Peel off the plastic, stick on. The hardest part about installing these is lining them up because once they're on..... they're on.
That's not really an issue. Pull off a little of the backing on one end, say a half inch or so, then line it up. While holding the deflector in place very lightly, have someone start pulling the backing off. When the tape is all removed, press firmly in place and you're done.

They are awesome.
I got the ventvisor in-channel visors that are smoked/tinted. The in-channel look a lot better than the ones thats go on the outside. The also easier to install. Plus if the 3M tape is to ever wear out the Visor won't fly off while your driving.
Agree, the in channel deflectors look much better.

I've had the tape on style on my little '94 Honda SI for the past 12 years I've been here in Phoenix. The summers are long and hot. I've never had one just "fly" off. The tape will give (usually you'll notice it on either end first) after 6~7 years due to the heat down here. Just carefully remove the deflector from the vehicle, then remove and install new tape and your good to go again.

Did get the Weathertech front and back in channel dark for xmas plus the slush matts now those are nice.:D

Good for you!!! Now we need pics of them installed. What kind of slush mats did you get?

Last edited:

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not really an issue. Pull off a little of the backing on one end, say a half inch or so, then line it up. While holding the deflector in place very lightly, have someone start pulling the backing off. When the tape is all removed, press firmly in place and you're done.

Agree, the in channel deflectors look much better.

I've had the tape on style on my little '94 Honda SI for the past 12 years I've been here in Phoenix. The summers are long and hot. I've never had one just "fly" off. The tape will give (usually you'll notice it on either end first) after 6~7 years due to the heat down here. Just carefully remove the deflector from the vehicle, then remove and install new tape and your good to go again.

Good for you!!! Now we need pics of them installed. What kind of slush mats did you get?

When I was in high school my friend had a Sunfire with the outside mounted side visors and one day in the summer we where heading down the highway (I81) and the passanger side visor decided to take off and fly away. So thats my proof :p

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

Well yeah I know but sometimes you don't notice how bad they look until you're a few feet away, which was my case.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was in high school my friend had a Sunfire with the outside mounted side visors and one day in the summer we where heading down the highway (I81) and the passanger side visor decided to take off and fly away. So thats my proof :p

Re-read my post...

...I never said it didn't or couldn't happen.

I will say that I've lived on the East Coast for many, many years and traveled extensively throughout OH, PA, WV, MD, DC, DE, NJ and VA. I'm aware of how muggy, warm and uncomfortable it gets, but it's nothing like it is down here in our summer heat (110* ~ 115* is very commom for days and weeks on end during Jul and Aug). Unless the deflectors were not put on properly, I can't see one "just flying off" with no warning, not even in our hot summers. It's not that hot back there to start melting the adhesive and letting go all of a sudden. The owner would noticed the tape on the deflector peeling long before it flew off... but then what do I know? Stranger things have happened.

Last edited: