Shifter knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys first off I want to say what a cool forum, glad to see other share the same intrest, now I need some help, the shift indicator broke off (the little red tab), I need to remove the shifter Knob in order to replace this part, good some please tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the whole shifter assembly used for a potential mod, and it was all one piece...(for '05, p/n 52109982ac, HOUSING SHIFTER ~$65 MSRP). Doesn't mean you couldn't try taking it apart. I can dig it out of storage later this week and take a look at it.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Havoline said:
I'll have to check mine to see if it has a noob. :-k

Must be a Canadian thing \:D/ .....just kiddin! :-$

libertyman, what year is your KJ? I'm assuming we're talking automatic here?

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi sorry its a 2003 Liberty Sport, with A/T, sorry its a shifter knob, geee burning my butt already lol

spamloverman

Reaction score
I can't seem to remove the knob either. I unscrewed the automotive screw but the knob doesn't pop off at all. The black plastic strip (with the red plastic hilighter) snapped just behind the knob. What is that black strip called? Can I buy it separately?