Serious liberty issues!!! Please help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barryb383

Reaction score
Hello to all!! I'm new to the forum but have had the jeep fever for sometime now!! I recent purchased a 2002 liberty for my wife and it has been awsome to drive.. When we received the liberty it has an ac clutch issue it wont engage. With the power probe we can ground out the circuit and it will engage and work... What makes it engage? Ok the other problem is someone was lookin at the ac and some how crossed up some wires and it killed the liberty!! When that happened upon restarting the jeep it acts like fuel pump quit.. All relays are good and I've hard wired pump and it still works but something has shutdown the injectors and fuel pump.. I also noticed the SKIS light and fuel Gage doesn't work now!! Please any help???

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
double check all the under hood and in cabin fuses. Pull each one out and examine it properly. I'm not sure if or where the liberty may use fusible links but you can also research that. You can also try swapping relays around and see if systems start working.

Barryb383

Reaction score
Oh tell me about fuses and relays!!! I checked everyone I could find twice.. Its all leading back to the security system it flat out has shut down the fuel system.. My pockets are not deep enough for stealer-ship but I would like to see if there's a bypass to get her a vehicle!! Thanks for the info though!!!!