Serious fan vibrations...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Back to post # 15- Re: Fan Relay image that I posted, can you open your underhood fuse panel and attach a picture?
This will confirm if your's is a 2 speed fan or not.
I'll also tomorrow with VIN# hopefully be able to obtain build date & replacement Mopar part # that can be crossed referenced.

clauserg

Reaction score

It doesn’t show the build date but does list all the features the Jeep had when it left the factory.
Thanks so much I didn't know we can get that much information out of a VIN code... here in Venezuela when you go to buy a spare part in a OEM store or even at the Jeep Car Dealer, they only ask you for the car's year and for me that's wrong because the more accurate way should be the VIN code. as a matter of fact I got the VIN code of my card through a car scanner tool because you don't even have a VIN code sticker nowhere in the car.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Utilizing your full VIN # I was able to obtain your manufacturing date from dealer, which is Feb 20 2006.
As far a replacement electric fan part number, they were unable to provide a replacement part number as information was (grey'd out)
Possibly calling a Venezuela dealer may provide further insight?
It was stated that it had viscous clutch fan and that's where the search ended from here.

clauserg

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input... the thing is that the JEEP dealers here sales the spare parts with 3 to 5x higer prices than US prices so what I do is I order the parts in the US and I get them shipped to a freight forwarder in MIMI who shipp them direct;y to my house and even paying for that shipment is still way much cheaper than buying here at the Jeep Dealer... By the way... the first fan replaced due to vibration was the original that came with the JEEP and then the replacements have the same issue so it is really a mistery because like I said before, I tested the Fans out of the car and I do feel the vibration of the unit so I don't know if there is a way to balance the fan some way some how... I know I sound crazy but even if I buy the way too expensive MOPAR part, I have no guarantee that it won't vibrate... or maybe I'm being to paranoid about it... and to make things worse the only post I've found on the internet regarding this issue was here and either nobody pay attention to the vibration generated by the Fan or I'm the only one with the issue

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I would be tempted to try a different aftermarket electric fan from Rock Auto (see post 13 for link) it could also be returned if not right.
Using the OEM fan enclosure measurements you probably have, may help with sizing/ finding an appropriate replacement.
I also wonder if some vibrations could be reduced, by having rubber mounts somehow installed.
Also the temp based viscous fan when cold, does it disengage shortly after start up & become quiet? Does it engage/loud when hot?

clauserg

Reaction score
I think I would be tempted to try a different aftermarket electric fan from Rock Auto (see post 13 for link) it could also be returned if not right.
Using the OEM fan enclosure measurements you probably have, may help with sizing/ finding an appropriate replacement.
I also wonder if some vibrations could be reduced, by having rubber mounts somehow installed.
Also the temp based viscous fan when cold, does it disengage shortly after start up & become quiet? Does it engage/loud when hot?
The electric fan turns on automatically when AC is turned on and the vibration starts... like I said.. this is a1 speed fan.. I have only 1 relay and the wire to the fan motor is a 2 wire connector. As for the rubber mounts, I'm thinking about it, I just need to find the right rubber thing

Latest posts

Members online