Seat Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read about airbag problems when removing front seats. From what I understand, all you have to do is disconnect the battery and wait a few mns and you should have no problems. I just dont want to blow up or set off a light in my car. Has anyone done this and been successful? Please comment as I am doing this tomorow.
Thanks guys!

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read about airbag problems when removing front seats. From what I understand, all you have to do is disconnect the battery and wait a few mns and you should have no problems. I just dont want to blow up or set off a light in my car. Has anyone done this and been successful? Please comment as I am doing this tomorow.
Thanks guys!

I can tell you that when my passenger's seat was replaced on my 07... The dealership had to reset "something" to driver's side airbag because the new seat did not match-up with the existing software ID.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, thats a different situation I suppose since the system inside of the seatwas changed. Thanks for the reply though.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 Kj here. No issues removing or reinstalling the front seats. As the other poster stated just disco'ed the battery, waited a little while and had no issues