Running Boards installed--need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got the running boards installed at the dealership last week, but they’re not as wide or low as we thought they would be.

Would someone please tell me if they look installed correctly? I haven’t seen another liberty with these boards to compare it to, and there were none with them at the dealer either.

The boards were genuine Mopar parts #82207682.

Thanks in advance!

P.S., ours is a 2wd so off-road clearance isn’t an issue.

You must be registered for see images

I'll get some better images posted tomorrow.

sprsonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seem to look ok, could probably be adjusted down some. they do have a little adjustment.

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, sprsonic, for the advice.

The dealership's service advisor and service manager both said they can not be adjusted. I guess I may have to take it to another dealer.

Since these are Mopar parts will another dealer adjust them as part of the factory warranty? I ask because the service advisor at the dealer that installed them--the selling dealer--said since they were Mopar parts installed by a Jeep dealership they became part of the factory warranty.

I took a few more pictures of the boards.

I’ve also looked at some earlier (pre-05) models (although none with boards installed), and they do not have the black plastic “ground-effects” running along the rocker panels. I think these are why the boards do not seem wide enough. Can these ground-effects be easily removed from the ’06 Liberty, or will there be screw holes left in the underlying sheet metal?

Image showing black plastic trim on rocker panel

driver’s side board front mount bolts

driver’s side board front mount

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adjust

U should be able to adjust it slightly in/out as well as height. Just 4 bolts. U took pix of the brackets only but check ur side rail it has 2 arms (closer to you) connecting to the 2 brackets. If u look at the arms, u will see there is a hole and then a slot so u can adjust it. Just need some bolt wrenches.

If u bought it w/ the Jeep even though it is dealer installed, it is covered under the warranty. If u buy it after your Jeep purchase, not under the bump 2 bump warr.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance of adding some washers between the frame and brackets (that is if the screws are long enough)? There's got to be some way to adjust them. The dealer may just not wanted to deal with it.