RRO Combo Kit front strut mount Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CCKJ03

Reaction score
Is it normal to have no threads showing when you torque down your the nuts on the studs for the mount plate? I know the OTT plate provided will shorten the distance you have for running down the nuts. I just wanted to know if this is normal and has anyone experienced problems? In addition, my rear shocks squeak pretty well. I have down everything imaginable to try and stop the squeak, then I notice when I had them disconnected that the 12mm sleeves provided by RRO had warn out real bad. Has anyone experienced this? lastly, if so what did they do to correct it?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCKJ03 said:
Is it normal to have no threads showing when you torque down your the nuts on the studs for the mount plate? I know the OTT plate provided will shorten the distance you have for running down the nuts. I just wanted to know if this is normal and has anyone experienced problems? In addition, my rear shocks squeak pretty well. I have down everything imaginable to try and stop the squeak, then I notice when I had them disconnected that the 12mm sleeves provided by RRO had warn out real bad. Has anyone experienced this? lastly, if so what did they do to correct it?

No problems on the strut nuts in 3 + years.
When I ordered my kit over 3 years ago the rear DT 3000 shocks came with an assortment of steel upper shock bolt sleeves. None of them were the correct lenght, so I cut down the longest pair to fit in the upper shock mount and torqued to 85 ft. lbs. No problems to date with the shocks or sleeves.

CCKJ03

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am having RRO send me some new 12mm sleeves. I am going to probally add some washers to take up any slack.