Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbermann

Reaction score
I have a Yakima basket I want to putt up top. Yakima says I need mounts and crossbars. I want to keep it low profile so thats no good.

Any suggestions on how to tie the basket directly to the Jeep Liberty rails - preferably relatively easy to remove also. It drops snugly on top of and slightly between the rails.

Thanks

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yakima makes a product called Mighty Mounts that come is all different shapes and sizes made specifically for factory crossbars. They are made to attach all there other accessories (bike rack, snowboard etc. ) so you dont have to purchase there control towers or crossbars. I was at Scheels the other day and they were using a mighty mount to display there roof basket so i am guessing that it will work. I would check with your local sporting good or bike store and they can look up the proper mounts for your vehicle.

bbermann

Reaction score
I'm familar with those as I have used them in the past. They are pretty much for adapting factory crossbars to Yak stuff. As of yet, I haven't seen any which could be rigged for this application. I'll check back early '05 to see what they have added for the new year.

Thanks for the reply-