Roll over boundry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgear

Reaction score
This question has been poking me in the face for a while now.. and I never got around to researching it.. about how far can the KJ lean to one side before it flops? I'm sure this would vary between wheels and tires, how high you sit ect ect, but I'm sure theres some kind of number to go by.

I'm not talking about G-force in a corner running luigi's circut either, but on a trail, rolling at 0.5 - 4 MPH or so.

I've also seen a roll over meter mounted on someone's dash.. where can one obtain such a device?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Don't believe there is a hard and fast number.Was in a stock Scout,pulled out of the driveway and rolled up on it side.S*** happens.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't believe there is a hard and fast number.Was in a stock Scout,pulled out of the driveway and rolled up on it side.S*** happens.

You didn't happen to refer to the Scout as a "Jeep" did you? Nothing upsets them more, and they can be a bit temperamental at times...

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I subscribe to the theory that if you're anywhere near the rollover point, you're taking the wrong approach. But I'm a more conservative wheeler than most.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I by no means, want to have to crawl out of another vehicle sitting on its hood, but whats the fun of a Jeep if your not gonna be a little daring,

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many KJ's have actually been rolled / flopped wheeling? I know of one, and it was because of recklessness. I have seen pictures of other KJ's that have rolled but they weren't wheeling. I don't think that many KJers do the crazy stuff that the CJ / Wrangler / XJ guys do. I have had a couple close calls and have cooled it down a bit, so to speak.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have flopped my TJ 1 time good and hard
and twice I have been stopped by a ledge or rut
It si not real scary and you are going to be well beyond
the point when you think it will flop
The good flop I slid down into a rut going up hill
The others were in HUGE deep washes that at 1end you can fit in and the other is about 5 feet deep and 2 feet
wide ,some times the ground gives way and you get a slight flop which happens very fast
But if you ever think you are going to flop
and have time to think then you probably
Have another 5* or so before you really do
go over
Just a side note
I have never been on my lid and I also have more than just the factory roll bar in my Jeep

Latest posts

Members online