Revtek Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsincav

Reaction score
Ok so I am still kinda new here. I have been looking for a lift kit for my 07 KJ. I've been reading on here and on LOST about lift kits. Basically from what i gathered was that anything with an OTT is not going to be good. And OME and the Frankinlkift or about the best. But, what about the Revtek 2" lift PN: 580. I am kinda looking to get some extra ground clearance and maybe 245/75 0r 255 in a tire size.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i loved it it was non ott and worked great. Siple to install and workd great with our ball joints with no contact whatsoever. I got a bumper and winch and went with ome springs. Im selling my revtek for 150 if youre interested pm me sorry about the quick post im on my iphone and i hav fat fingers haha

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
does that kit do all 4 corners or just 2 at a time? ie do u hvae to buy 2 kits to do the entire vehicle? the image on the website looks like 1 axle at a time.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope. i think it cost me 275 after shipping, it comes with the 2 aluminum spaces for the front, and two poly spacers for the rear. I recently bought 2 HD rear coils and were going to take the spacers out, and ended up buying a used franky, so now i have the full revtek set, front and rear, and 2 HD rear springs for sale. I really like the revtek, gave me a solid 2 inches, but I think the front bumper and winch combo would be too much for stock gaser springs, so I just went with the franky and HD ****

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is
You must be registered for see images

You didn't get those 8 little strut stud spacers Absoluterene? Don't think it matters, you can always do a Clevis lift instead, you gain the same.

Yup, the spacers too. With the clevis being the same, you mean same as the strut spacers? Not the actual aluminum right :) Just making sure. I'll have pics of the revtek installed in a strut later, I'm gonna go do my front franky now.

05kj6spd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you run this step up with hd coils for extra lift?
I was thinking OME 2.5 lift springs and revtek spacers to fit
31-10.50's with some CV mods, al's upper arms, adjustable lower arms for the rear, and al's tri-link for the rear. Does this step-up seem plausible or not? I have lifted jeeps but this is my first attempt at a IFS.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you run this step up with hd coils for extra lift?
I was thinking OME 2.5 lift springs and revtek spacers to fit
31-10.50's with some CV mods, al's upper arms, adjustable lower arms for the rear, and al's tri-link for the rear. Does this step-up seem plausible or not? I have lifted jeeps but this is my first attempt at a IFS.
Just remember that everything doubles as far a the front suspension.Doing a 3/8" clevis lift gives you 3/4" of lift,and so-on.Using OME HD coils then the 2 1/2" spacer will give you over 5" of lift,you will be at max droop on the front end,at 5" of lift the UCA's can not move any farther downward.One very rough ride and alot of noise.You will need the JE Reel CV's from JBA,$900,and you'll be at the limites of those CV's.It can be done but it's not as simple as you think.The original JBA(sold the company) modded his blue KJ with a 5" lift but had to do a custom cradle drop,lowered the UCA mounting pockets(big time $$$$),and make a custom rear upper adjustable tri-link.He put about as much money into his as I am doing my SFA to make it work.Keep it at the OME coils(with Daystar upper strut plates) and a 3/8" clevis lift,add 2 extra rear upper spring isolators,and the JBA tri-link drop and you'll have about 3 1/2" if not close to 4" of lift anyway.

05kj6spd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure i understand. How does a 3/8 clevis lift gain you 3/4 actual lift. moving the clevis down 3/8 should only move the jeep up 3/8's right? right now I am looking to get 4" of lift but other than JBA's 4 in lift which is a little pricey (worth it I know) all the others say 2-2.5 so I figured combine two 2 in lifts and you get 4.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure i understand. How does a 3/8 clevis lift gain you 3/4 actual lift. moving the clevis down 3/8 should only move the jeep up 3/8's right? right now I am looking to get 4" of lift but other than JBA's 4 in lift which is a little pricey (worth it I know) all the others say 2-2.5 so I figured combine two 2 in lifts and you get 4.
You gain twice as much lift from the fact that the lower part of the strut assembly(the clevis) is mounted midway on the LCA,and is at a angle.When the front wheel moves 2" up/down the strut assembly only moves 1".It's simple goemetery.