Replies to Tightwadsjeeper (how he found his two KJ's!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tightwadsjeeper said:
Phwew... this is gonna be long... O:) insurance down here is outrageous.... we're going to be paying just over $1600 a year (total) for the two Liberty's. That's with clean records and no claims for many years.....

Luis

If $1600 for two 2005 KJs in Tampa is outrageous, then Brooklyn is off the planet. I pay $3771 for an 02 KJ Ltd & an 02 WJ Overland. Clean records, no claims. DAYUM!!!

2003KJ

Reaction score
CHUD said:
Tightwadsjeeper said:
Phwew... this is gonna be long... O:) insurance down here is outrageous.... we're going to be paying just over $1600 a year (total) for the two Liberty's. That's with clean records and no claims for many years.....

Luis

If $1600 for two 2005 KJs in Tampa is outrageous, then Brooklyn is off the planet. I pay $3771 for an 02 KJ Ltd & an 02 WJ Overland. Clean records, no claims. DAYUM!!!

holy CRAP!! (dropmouth)

I pay $750 a year, spotless record. Just the one KJ for me.

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!!!

ok... I guess $1600 isn't too bad.... it's just that back when we lived in Gainesville, I had my Jeep (CJ7) insured for the whopping sum of .... drum roll please.... $307 per year. When we insured my wife's Civic, we were paying something like $850 annually for the pair of vehicles. I just can't get used to anything over $1000 per year that I'm getting NOTHING back for.... I haven't had a claim for uh... EVER (literally). My wife had one when an uninsured driver hit her, but we had uninsured driver included on our policy, so there was nothing unusual about that. She had another one that was only about 9 or 10 yrs ago, where the other driver was at fault, and his insurance paid for everything.... no other claims since then... the way it see it, we've paid in well over $14K in the last 10 yrs, and gotten NOTHING back for it... with the interest/profit we could have made off that money carefully invested, we could outright BUY another vehicle.... sorry... rant off.

As for Brooklyn.... :-& I'd be ill if I had to pay THAT much.... :-&

Luis

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
if u think CHUD's is bad...adn my 1 kj is....
back when I first got my license, and when we got our first car (this back in 98) it was a 95 neon, paid over 3k a year for it...

i'd like to add tho, that the 1600 is full coverage...and it's pretty low by ny standards

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents, please post comments to the "how you found your KJ" thread outside of that thread. Let's keep it clean. Thanks a million, no a billion!
(Cheers)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Gents, please post comments to the "how you found your KJ" thread outside of that thread. Let's keep it clean. Thanks a million, no a billion!
(Cheers)

heh, yeah, i was starting to think it was getting a bit OoT

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is insurance price, I assume?

I have full coverage ($1000 collision deductable, $300 fire/theft/comp deductable) in MA for under $1000/year. And it's a 2005 4x4, and I'm only 23!

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow thats freakin high, i pay around 650

23 years old, clean record, illinois, student discount

05 kj

acbafam

Reaction score

and to think I'm in B-more, MD and pay 1400 a year on the same combo...
05 KJ & 02 WJ & 6 points to boot!
\:D/

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
My KJ specifically went up on my new policy renewal. I recieved the paperwork two days ago. I'm 41, live in a cheap county, and drive it less than 7K a year. It is also not listed as a primary vehicle.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pay about 1000 a year in Pennsylvania for full coverage, and live about 3 miles from New Jersey......

A big part that determines prices for insurance companies is you CREDIT RATING.....I think that's weird, but people with better credit ratings get better rates.....but it's funny how "discrimination" is illegal in this country, but insurance companies can legally discriminate based on age, sex, and credit rating........

Like I say at work, "Insurance is the root of all evil" [-X

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
race too

They also discrim on race by what type of car is popular with a certain group of people.

My credit score is 828 and my libby insurance still went up which tells me there are too many of these things being sold...at least there should be a lifetime of cheap parts available.

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
premium

Mine is $225 every six for full coverage $0 deductible. I have two other vehicles that run less per month plus a multi car discount.

Sorry...it just went to $257