Replacement Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are OEM no one makes any flares for the KJ besides OEM, check around at some local junkyards for a wrecked KJ you can pick up parts cheaper

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try contacting bushwacker and ask them if they could start a new line for Sport / Renegade Fender Flares... I'm sure you'll have to have around 50 people or so to make it worth while for them, so get on here, LOST KJ, and Jeep Forum for us KJ'ers and get them into production!!

But yeah, other than that all you can get is OEM.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are OEM no one makes any flares for the KJ besides OEM, check around at some local junkyards for a wrecked KJ you can pick up parts cheaper

The chances of finding a KJ in a junk yard are slim. Despite it came out in 2002 most wrecked JKs are bought by Body Shops/Repair shops and used for spare parts or rebuilt. and If you go to them for parts you might pay just as much as you would for a new part.

Atleast thats how it is here b/c I've been to all the Junk yards looking around for wrecked KJs and the only thing i find are Stripped early 90s XJs. Nothing more. I've learn that most Junk Yards don't even carry anything built after Y2K.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
The chances of finding a KJ in a junk yard are slim. Despite it came out in 2002 most wrecked JKs are bought by Body Shops/Repair shops and used for spare parts or rebuilt. and If you go to them for parts you might pay just as much as you would for a new part.

Atleast thats how it is here b/c I've been to all the Junk yards looking around for wrecked KJs and the only thing i find are Stripped early 90s XJs. Nothing more. I've learn that most Junk Yards don't even carry anything built after Y2K.

I went and looked at this one: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pts/953494260.html
It's a 4 hour drive to get to Kamloops.
I think it has potential to turn it into something crazy!

sean150

Reaction score
Has anyone thought of making a couple sets of flares out of something like kydex and putting the extra ones up for sale on the forum? its crossed my mind a few times but I never got around t trying it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, no KJ's in junk yards anywhere around here either. I don't know where they go when they die. No aftermarket fender flares either. I think you will have to keep looking and maybe one will turn up, or get a new one.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Has anyone thought of making a couple sets of flares out of something like kydex and putting the extra ones up for sale on the forum? its crossed my mind a few times but I never got around t trying it.

Kydex is awesome. It's just very expensive unless you purchase it in large quantities. One 2 foot by 3 foot sheet here costs about $80.00!
That and you would need a professional quality mould and a company who can do thermal moulds and is set up for small production runs. Again, very expensive.
Even then I would choose high density polyethylene because it's less expensive (just under half the price.) and more flexible. Better if your rig rubs, bumps and gets trail rash!
But other than that, I think we're both on the same wave length.

sean150

Reaction score
wouldn't you know it, no sooner do I post about fender flares and I hit a rock and rip the front right one off along with part of the bottom plastic trim today. I think the flare will go on fine as I recovered all the clips but now I need to figure out how to get that bottom part on. any advice from anyone?

sp3ct3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jess8e

Reaction score
local jeep dealer can order them? I have an 03 freedom edition, looking everywhere for the riveted looking fender flare to replace the one a deer hit...