Reintroduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomknight

Reaction score
Bought my daughter an '06 KJ Limited 4x4 a few years ago while she was in college. Got the bad news that it needs an engine, so we bought her another car.

I was going to fix the KJ in my non-existent free time, but then my daily driver (328XI) got totaled.

In looking for a replacement car, I was looking for some level of luxury, towing package, and 4x4.

After about a month of looking, I found a 2011 KK with 30k miles on it in black on black that checked all of the boxes. It was 3 states away at a dealer, so I flew up, site unseen, and bought it.

This vehicle has had oil changed every 3.5k miles in its life, plus other maintenance odds and ends. When I saw it in person, it exceeded expectations. It feels and looks brand new.

So, in the past 5 days that I've had it, I have:
- driven it 420 miles back home from the dealer
- hauled a trailer (about 3.5k lbs) 420 miles through mountains to move my daughter to her new home
- drove back in snow and ice in the snow storm that is hitting the southeast now, through the same mountains I dragged the trailer up.

About 1500 miles in 5 days of ownership.

So far, it has again exceeded all expectations. It has Selec Trac II, so I was able to shift to 4WD Auto to get through the snow and ice.

Picture attached, but it is a bit grimy after the drive.

After all of that, there are a few things I still need to know about, so I can finally breathe and read the manual.

BTW - the dealer replaced the tires with Atturo A850's. Not sure that's what I would have bought, but they gone through rain, freezing rain, snow, and ice just fine so far. Very quiet when it was dry too.

Attachments

• New Image 2.jpg
    New Image 2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: