Recirculating AC vent problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Sport

Reaction score
Hi-

I noticed that when I turn the AC to recirculate, that the air volume actually DECREASES out of the dash vents, but doesn't increase anywhere else. The air is colder, as it should be, but the owners manual says that the air should increase out of the dash- which is what every other car I have owned does as well.

Anyone else have this problem?

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't had that problem. You have checked that air is not blowing out the top or bottom (I think you say that in your post, but it's a bit unclear).

It sort of sounds like the flap controlling air flow is possibly not opening all the way. I have no idea if ours are vacuum or electronically controlled though. Hopefully someone else can pipe in with more info.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always noticed that the amount of air reduces with inside air. I figured it was b/c the air isnt being forced in from the outside.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always noticed that the amount of air reduces with inside air. I figured it was b/c the air isnt being forced in from the outside.

Every vehicle i've ever been in, MAX (or recirculate) blows hardwer regardless of whether winodws are up or down. This includes our liberty.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, not me, my air flow increases. Now I'm curious. Have to check on the way home tonight.

03Sport

Reaction score
So bottom line is that it SHOULD be more air/blow harder on recirc, which is what I thought......thanks for the info, folks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.