Rear speakers not coming through

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed after market kenwood reciever. did it all correctly cause I've done installs several times before. However I'm not getting much sound out of my rear speakers. I went through and took apart the doors to check the wiring....... it was all good. I can't imagine it being the reciever it was a kdc-890 top of the line. Anyway thoughts...?

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liber said:
installed after market kenwood reciever. did it all correctly cause I've done installs several times before. However I'm not getting much sound out of my rear speakers. I went through and took apart the doors to check the wiring....... it was all good. I can't imagine it being the reciever it was a kdc-890 top of the line. Anyway thoughts...?

From the drivers seat my rear speakers are 6 decibels quieter than a level which can be heard and distinguished as coming from a different location. (IE the rear)

Liber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't quite follow... you're saying that they are quiter to create a source of sound? I just want equal sound from all four of those bastards.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liber said:
i don't quite follow... you're saying that they are quiter to create a source of sound? I just want equal sound from all four of those bastards.

You cant have it.

The reason is that you have 4 speakers in the front and 2 behind you. The speakers behind you are in a location that makes them almost non-existant as far as the drivers ears are concerned. The 2 high frequency speakers (tweeters) built into the dash angle sounds straight into your face. Then the 2 front door speakers provide decent midrange backup to the tweeters.

Its not that sound isnt coming out of yoru rear speakers, its that you just cant hear them.

You could adjust your fade settings to favor the rear slightly untill the sound blends, but I recommend completely ignoring it. Since turning up the rear speakers to match the front will either create unwanted distortion or just limit your potential volume for the front speakers.