Rear Glass Latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this the other day when i noticed my rear glass would pop open if I put my fingers under and pulled.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

The rubber is broken around the bolts and allows the ring to push up and over the latch in the lower door.

Has anyone seen this? How might I fix this? And, where can I get this part? I have searched this forum and the internet extensively and this thing is obviously not called "rear glass latch" or anything close that I can think of.

I have a 2004 limited by the way, and thanks in advance for any help. Oh, and the oversized spare and cargo shelf will keep anyone from stealing anything, I just want to fix it.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the salvage yard and get another rear glass.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the ones we dont think about. I have been trying to find that piece, worrying about the type of glue to make it stick, thinking about how I could cut something, thinking about going to the dealership..... and the whole time I never thought to just replace the whole back glass from the junkyard. Thanks.