Rear End Give a push when I Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silv3r_L1mit3d_4x4

Reaction score
since you Jeep Jeniuses have helped me out so far so well,

I got another question to ask of you :)

When I Brake, or actually when I come to a complete stop, sometimes I feel the rear end kind of give a push like it's getting caught up... there is no noise, it's more of a noticeable push. My Jeep is a 2005 4x4 Libby :). I'm thinking Rear U-Joints... but there's no noise when I take off...

Thanks in Advance....

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ujoints will often times given a vibration when your cruising down the hw. Feel of them after youve been driving for awhile. If they are really hot and you burn your hand, they are probably bad. :D

Youre probably feeling the ****** down shift.

Khaki-KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your side view mirrors for a lowered Honda sitting under your rear bumper. They seem to like it back there. :D

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since you Jeep Jeniuses have helped me out so far so well,

I got another question to ask of you :)

When I Brake, or actually when I come to a complete stop, sometimes I feel the rear end kind of give a push like it's getting caught up... there is no noise, it's more of a noticeable push. My Jeep is a 2005 4x4 Libby :). I'm thinking Rear U-Joints... but there's no noise when I take off...

My opinion is you don't have a problem, it's the odd behaviors of the 42rle transmission. Your description is, in my opinion very clear. Mine has done this from the day I drove it off the lot. Especially when doing slow braking. Ie not quick stops, but gradual slowdowns-- the transmission seems to start downshifting- and the RLE is clunky in my opinion, but despite the clunkiness, it's never given me a problem.

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a similar thing. It does feel like a locator arm bush or the ball joint on top of the diff is sloppy. Mine has only doen an easy 41000km so....
The dealers here also loded them up and found nothing wrong.

Maybe just the way they are. My Land Rovers never did that but they did plenty else!!:mad:

trailman

Reaction score
I think I know what you are talking about. My jeep does this every once in awhile. I just figured it was all of the slack in the drive train catching up.

kenv

Reaction score
my `02 does the same thing. glad its not just me :)