Re-built PCM Engine computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dominator

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted share info on a problem with our 2004 liberty renegade, my wife was driving the jeep and all of a sudden the jeep stalled, she tried starting it and it started but would not idle. She two footed it back home and told me what happened, I then pulled a code, I forgot the code but it had something to do with the IAC. I replaced the IAC and it still would not idle but would start and would contiue to run if you keep the revs up and would run perfect other then it would not idle. I took it up to a shop just up the road and they said I needed a new PCM. I then took it to the stealership and they confirmed that needed a new PCM. They do not make new pcm`s anymore however they have re-built one`s for 1100.00 OUCH!!. Thanks but no thanks, I searched the net and found a company south of the border Auto Computers.com and bought a rebuilt plug and play for 245.00 shipped to my door. When I received the PCM I installed it and the jeep ran like crap, I then called them back and they sent me another one four days later, I then installed that one and WOW!! what a differance, more power, no more sluggish shift from 1-2 and quicker down shifts even better when going up hill with a slight push on the gas pedal it down shifts out of overdrive and just a little more of a push it down shifts again. This Jeep drives so much better now. It has only been a week but so far so good. I forgot mention that the dealership said that there were 4 PCM upgrades over the years. Our Jeep has only 97.000 kilometers on it, I was supprised that the pcm had expired so soon. Anyone else with PCM problems?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post a link directly from the company or product you got it from?
Sure would be nice to know about cheaper alts to OEM modules.

Latest posts

Members online