RB1 and iPod Integration Kit Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtalef

Reaction score
The people that have installed the Mopar iPod integration kit, did you need to use the optional 10-10 extension cable or was there enough room to run the cable to the glove box?

Those that have the RB1 can you search the iPod by song, title, album, artist, etc?

Thanks!

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jtalef said:
The people that have installed the Mopar iPod integration kit, did you need to use the optional 10-10 extension cable or was there enough room to run the cable to the glove box?

Those that have the RB1 can you search the iPod by song, title, album, artist, etc?

Thanks!

The 10 - 10 extension is only needed if you have sirius or rear cd changer and that cable does not reach, the cable from the adapter to the glove box is plenty long enough

You can search by playlist, albumn, genre and I believe artist, although I am not sure about artist

Bob

VTjeepguy

Reaction score
also, is it possible to run the ipod cable up thru where the e brake handle is? i think id like the ipod there as opposed to the glove box...

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on this forum did that, the cable for the ipod is long, it reaches the glove box with a lot of extra length so I am sure it would reach the e brake area.

Bob

VTjeepguy

Reaction score
cool, thanks alot. i think one of those cupholder/ipod holder deals would be right in order if this works...

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup - I ran my cable under the center console and up in to the center CD holder area so the Ipod is out of sight.

And for that matter, so is the cable...

Pics: (sorry for the quality, my real camera died, so these are all phone cams shots..

connector1.jpg

connector2.jpg

connector3.jpg

This is the only part of the cable you see and I've since covered that up.

connector4.jpg