Random "DINGING" on an 06?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving home tonight, all of a sudden my Jeep started to make a random "DINGING" sound. (Similar to when you leave your lights on or the key in the ignition) I immediately looked at the dash and NO warning lights or gauges out of the ordinary. Also checked the odometer (like when it says "glass" "door" gate") and nothing there either. The ding happened at pretty steady intervals 3 times in about 5 minutes. Does anyone have ANY thoughts as to what this could be?

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2003 did this 2 nights ago. no message on the OBC or the dash. 3 or 4 dings then gone! My KJ has no PSI warning mechanism, so that's not it.

This is my 4th Mopar vehicle, & I'm growing used to the ******** things they do. Let's put it this way, I love Jeeps, I hate Mopar.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
could be that u need to fill up ur windsheild washer fluid
Nope. LOWASH would appear. These beeps just randomly come out of nowhere and have no reason behind them.

My '04 never did this.

maureen58

Reaction score
This could be a stretch or it may sound ridiculous to, but this has happened twice to me in my '05. On 2 different occasions I have heard a somewhat faint ding-ding that you would hear like something was wrong. I turned the radio down to listen only to discover it was my cell phone dinging because of low battery. Kind of embarrassing to worry about nothing.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Man I thought I was crazy, my 03 does it too!

last time it did it was about 2 months or so ago. I started it up to leave for work in the morning, the chimes went on and off like they normally do when you start the engine. I proceeded to pull out of the garage and as I was pulling out it started chiming again! No warning lights, engine stayed running normal, everything was fine. I thought i was goin crazy!

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM!!! :D I was STARRING at my odometer waiting for it to ding while I was stopped at a red light and all of a sudden "GASCAP" came up on the odometer! I must not have had it on tight enough. Thanks to EVERYONE for all of their thoughts and suggestions! I really appreciate it!

2003KJ

Reaction score
06LibertySSE said:
I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM!!! :D I was STARRING at my odometer waiting for it to ding while I was stopped at a red light and all of a sudden "GASCAP" came up on the odometer! I must not have had it on tight enough. Thanks to EVERYONE for all of their thoughts and suggestions! I really appreciate it!

Must be an 06 thing....I dont think the others will do that.

JeepMonkey1965

Reaction score
I'm not sure that it's anything specific to an 06 as I had something similar on an 05 Renegade. Did plenty of surfing and came up with all sorts of nonsense................ excessive speed, etc. I can tell you that ultimately I had a problem whereby the EBD was falsely reporting a turbo under or over pressure and once the appropriate TSB was implemented I never did have the chiming again =D>

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
2003KJ said:

last time it did it was about 2 months or so ago. I started it up to leave for work in the morning, the chimes went on and off like they normally do when you start the engine. I proceeded to pull out of the garage and as I was pulling out it started chiming again! No warning lights, engine stayed running normal, everything was fine. I thought i was goin crazy!

This is exactly how mine happens.

Another quirk?

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dinging!

2003KJ said:

I got the same issue ............. happens once a week at least.