rain leaking in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsmmrm

Reaction score
This has been getting progressively worse over the last few years. Every time it rains my front carpeting is soaked. I have a lot of rust around the area where the black strips the roof rails are attached to and the top of the windshield meet. Believing it might be getting in there I used 2 cans of rustoleum rubber spray sealer to plug those areas up pretty well. It looks like total crap now. The worst part was that we had yet another torrential rain storm the other day and there was an inch of water on the driver side. I can find a ton of stuff about sun roof problems and the like but I do not have a sunroof.

It appears to be going down the inside if the pillar and exiting straight out onto the floor at the bottom with no sign of it in between.

Anyone have any ideas?

2008 KK with 217k

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
door jam seals are wore out. on a dry day soak the door jam at the windshield .. open up the door you will find water in the jam that will leak to the floor.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start checking Craigs List listings down here in the south. Bad engine/solid body Liberty's are a dime per dozen.

Bob

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears to be going down the inside if the pillar and exiting straight out onto the floor at the bottom with no sign of it in between.

Anyone have any ideas?

2008 KK with 217k

Sounds like you're not stopping the water from above, will need to remove the trim piece to get under there. That, or drill a hole at the base of the windshield pillar and silicone in a drain hose. :happy175:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.