Radio replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyberdrone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy's (and girls ??)

I just bought a 2006 Liberty (they call it a cherokee overhere) and I would like to replace the standard radio/cd with a sony that comes with a USBport and Ipod support. My question is, does a normal radio fit inthere ? I have the impression that the OEM radio/cd from jeep is bigger then the normal (current) radio/cd ?
I would feel kinda bad buying a radio online and then come to the conclusion that it would not fit ..

Greetings from Belgium !

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy's (and girls ??)

I just bought a 2006 Liberty (they call it a cherokee overhere) and I would like to replace the standard radio/cd with a sony that comes with a USBport and Ipod support. My question is, does a normal radio fit inthere ? I have the impression that the OEM radio/cd from jeep is bigger then the normal (current) radio/cd ?
I would feel kinda bad buying a radio online and then come to the conclusion that it would not fit ..

Greetings from Belgium !

Yes it does fit. You need to get a harness and maybe a dash kit to fit the gaps. The harness is easy to wire in. Just match the colors of the wires.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon still might be cheaper even having to buy a harness and dash kit. Both those items are super cheap. Do you have any car audio places near you, Or maybe a big electronics store? They would have what you need and still for cheap.