Radiator flush ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Im trying to flush my radiator 2007 Jeep Liberty with

Irontite ThoroFlush​

the directions say drain 1 gallon from radiator so I can add mix, only 2 quarts came out of radiator when I drained it. The radiator had fluid to the top and reservoir said fluid was full. I added some water to the radiator when draining and that came out. Something seems wrong ?? Thanks !

Jeepica

Reaction score
I went through the the same thing with my 2008 Jeep Liberty after flushing the radiator and the heater core. After a long Sunday of flush and fill and bleeding the air I used a new gallon to fill it, drove it 30 minutes and needed another half gallon drove it the next day, needed another half gallon Monday and it threw an engine code for coolant. No visible leaks. Send help!

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to erase the code by yourself by disconnecting the two poles of battery and have them touched by overnight. Is the coolant in reservoir in good level?

Jeepica

Reaction score
Try to erase the code by yourself by disconnecting the two poles of battery and have them touched by overnight. Is the coolant in reservoir in good level?
Yes. I did that but code came back 2 days later. Replaced the coller temp sensor and so far, no new codes!!