Rad hoses, OEM prices ( WTF )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still inspecting the neglected '03... :D

As it's definitively time to replace in/out radiator hoses, just glanced at OEM prices and... :eek:!!!!
I must have been missing something ( maybe Crysler's new CEO... ) but prices are going up,
expecially rubber components....
Not to mention engine mounts :favorites68: ( they are shot ). Are those of 03s and 06s different?
Anyone had any experience with aftermarket ( i'd go AC Delco ) hoses? Any good?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM hoses are EPDM and are expensive but outlast regular rubber hoses by 3-4 times longer.Skip aftermarket motor mounts,they just do not last or hold up and yep have personal experiance on this one.

Oh and automotive parts across the board are rising big time no matter make/model,OEM,or aftermarket.

diyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You tj.

My fault... my question was only about hoses, no doubt that I'll go OEM for mounts. Only concern was
only if mounts are consistent among the years ( '03 and '06), prices are different, so I suppose PNs are too...
The mounts issue was just because they also have rubber in them and yes, their prices are on the rise
no matter what :favorites68:

I'll try to talk the owner into buying OEM hoses... He'll understand, but the vehicle needs a lot of 'love'
( spells 'love' but reads '$$$$' ... ), including a suspension work ( OME ), the aforementioned mounts and
ABS among other things...