Projector HID headlights on KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of towing...
Had uncle's F150 on a trailer behind Dad's Colorado.

You'd think we were **** huntin' as high as those headlights were aimed

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually in Europe now you have to have automatic correctors that adjust themselves when you're loaded or going down or uphill. Also you need to have headlight washers with HIDs.

I use correctors very often - aim down in the city as there's plenty of street lights and turn them up at night on a highway when i can't put high beams on, but still want to see alittle further.

I didn't get to my garage yesterday unfortunately, because there's the package, but this link posted earlier is pretty close to what i have:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H1-H...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Next month i'm putting projectors instead of fog lights, don't miss it laugh.gif

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i like the corrector thing, but i woudn't pay to istall them if i didn't have them on the first place.
My first KJ was from USA and it didn't bother me. What did bother me was bulb type, H4 is much more simple and cheap. At least over here... Although HID bulbs cost the same.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm never thought about when towing... I do tow fairly often but not usually not at night since i'm usually towing something that i'm working on, etc..

Too bad its too expensive to do. Oh well if i tow at night i will get out and aim my Hella's down a smidge... lol

beartard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
max, how is the stability of your mod? One annoying factor I've noticed in HID retrofits is the lights tend to bounce or shake, making for a nauseating drive.

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
max, how is the stability of your mod? One annoying factor I've noticed in HID retrofits is the lights tend to bounce or shake, making for a nauseating drive.

Yes, they shake alittle, but it's hard to notice and happens only when there are lots of small bumps at a time, like on street railway bricks and stuff. I think you can put some extra rubber between the projecor and the headlight or something if it bothers you.

beartard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they shake alittle, but it's hard to notice and happens only when there are lots of small bumps at a time, like on street railway bricks and stuff. I think you can put some extra rubber between the projecor and the headlight or something if it bothers you.

I doubt I'll ever have the chance to see you in oncoming traffic, so it won't bother me ;).

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you wouldn't by any chance have more pictures of the beam pattern up against a wall or anything, instead of the garage looking area, or maybe a picture of them out on the road in front of you? these lights have me very intrested.

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you wouldn't by any chance have more pictures of the beam pattern up against a wall or anything, instead of the garage looking area, or maybe a picture of them out on the road in front of you? these lights have me very intrested.

I'll make some

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey does any1 on here kno if it could be possible to gut a set of HID projectors from and old bmw e30 (my brother has the kit and is selling the car) and the retrofit the projectors and everything into the KJ headlight housing?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hey does any1 on here kno if it could be possible to gut a set of HID projectors from and old bmw e30 (my brother has the kit and is selling the car) and the retrofit the projectors and everything into the KJ headlight housing?

(dunno)

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Here's a photo of the package for those interested:

You must be registered for see images

And one more photo where angels eyes can be seen:

You must be registered for see images

sweet i actually read what the box said in russian! well sort of, i got the part about projection lenses only because i taught myself how to "sound out" russian words. anyways sweet mod

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the projectors he got are a complete drop in unit they eliminate the stock lights. the stock headlights are a sealed beam tho and idk where he got the lights themselves.