Problems due to Off roading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to know some of the common problems people have experianced due to offroading. Not damage but mechanical. I know the first thing I have to due is lift mine , because the skid plates pack with mud being so low. Any problems with water, Overheating, or any thing mechanical.
I have the bug but I dont want to kill my new Jeep.

uvalax236

Reaction score
It really depends on what you do. I have seen KJ's overheat beacuse of mud cloging the radiator, cv shafts can break from extream wheel travle, I have personally crushed a ****** oil pan (got a skid later that day). if you do mudding, you will get a packed skid plate and might have issues with overheating. If you do crawlin, you can break more stuff undeneith and cause serious body damage (but i guess that goes for all types of wheelin).

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a few major issues, really took a chunk out of the old wallet too. Total cost to fix these issues was ~1100 ](*,). The resolution was pretty involved too, took a lot of my time to get the new parts installed.

Though in the end my quest for better clearence was worth the purchase and install of the larger tires and Rusty's coil lift \:D/

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What uvalax236 said.

Plus, you can minimise risk of damage by your driving style. Here's some basic rules:

1. Try not to spin your wheels.
2. Drive within your capabilities
3. Do NOT drive fast (as slowly as possible, as fast as necessary)
4. Enjoy your Jeep.

Ian

Latest posts

Members online