Problem removing my oil cap on my 2002 3.7L engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indynick

Reaction score
I am having a problem removing the oil cap on my 2002 3.7L engine. It is so hard to twist; I need large Channel Lock’s to get it to move even a little. I got a new cap from the dealer, and cleaned the neck of the fill tube, but no joy. Is this normal, that all of a sudden, this cap would stick tight?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried with it both warm and cold? May help either way. they do make a special wrench for it if you need it. you could try a strap wrench too maybe. Just some ideas.

indynick

Reaction score
Same hot and cold. I thought about replacing the neck, but the Air Cond. lines are in the way. I guess the strap wrench may be the way to go. Strange that it would happen all of a sudden.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is always a pita to remove lol. I dont torque on it when closing but sure Need to in order to remove it.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Tight Filler Cap!

I had thought about drilling a 1/4" hole, installing a bolt right through the top.
That way all you need is a socket or wrench to get the SOB off easily.:icon_twisted:

Latest posts

Members online