Powertrax no-slip install today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heading out, in a few min., to the garage to rent a lift and do the install myself. Read though the instructions about 20 times, so it should be a piece of cake.
I'll post some pics and my oppinion on it later. Till then, wish me luck \:D/

Tony-

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't you have the bang before the locker? I don't have locker and pops bangs cracks all the time [-(

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jeepjeepster....

you installed yours right? would you happen to know the proper torque on the diff cover bolts.

Oh..and any other tips on making the job easier would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
Hey Jeepjeepster....

you installed yours right? would you happen to know the proper torque on the diff cover bolts.

Oh..and any other tips on making the job easier would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony

I installed mine but do not know the values.. Sorry. I just get them nice and tight. O:)

Install is very straight forward. Be careful when taking the bolt out of the pin that goes through the spider gears. Its been known to break off.. Keep the ratchet good and square and dont pull on it sideways. O:)

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The install went smooth as hell!!! Only took about 45 min once I got it up on the lift.
Sorry no pics #-o I was just too in to getting it done....plus, my hands were filthy and I didn't want to handle my camera.
I could tell a difference right away!! The first thing I noticed was the increase in throttle response!! It feels like its more "peddle to wheels" now.
Turning is going to take a little getting used to, but its not that bad...I kinda like the way it seems to tighten up the steering around turns.
Over all, I'm real happy with it so far. Cant wait to try it out off-road!!! \:D/

Tony-