power steering leak , and Lubegard red helps quiet the noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added Lubegard red to my son's '03 Liberty and the ps pump is much quieter. However, I noticed the leak occurs while the vehicle is parked. It sat for a week and leaked a lot.
Sound like the seal between reservoir and pump? As soon as we get some warmer weather I think I'll just change it along with the hoses.

Phuc Nguyen

Reaction score
Added Lubegard red to my son's '03 Liberty and the ps pump is much quieter. However, I noticed the leak occurs while the vehicle is parked. It sat for a week and leaked a lot.
Sound like the seal between reservoir and pump? As soon as we get some warmer weather I think I'll just change it along with the hoses.
I had this issue with one of my Liberties. It's bearing seal that goes bad. I replaced this bearing from Advance Auto Parts.
You must be registered for see images attach

Part No: SL-203-FF, $3.99.
You need a special tool to remove the pulley from shaft which can be rented from Advance Auto Parts as well. Free tool rental with a deposit and full refund when you return the tools. Hope you can accomplish this task.
Nothing like working on your own vehicle. The result that you achieved is enjoyable.
Good luck.

Last edited: