Power steering fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ive read a couple threads here and there, some say ps fluid for 02s only and atf for 03 and up, others say atf for all some say ps fluid for all, ive got an 06, what should i go with for maximum protection?

Winter is coming...

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick one. OR, the other. Not a real concern, just better not to mix em. Had to buy 2 gallons of hydraulic/power steering fluid for my Kubota RTV900 (side by side ATV) the other day, $56. for two gallon!! Glad the vehicles can use less expensive stuff.

Bob

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its just that ive heard some power steering fluids are good /protective and i don't know if it's any use switching, i have atf in there atm but it might have been ps fluid originally

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep 02s came from the factory with PS fluid.....clear color when new and light golden brown when used....ATF+ fluid is red.

Jeep issued a TSB that Dealers must drain completely the PS fluid and replace with ATF+4...do not mix.

I "replaced" my 02 PS fluid by removing the fluid from the reservoir with a large syringe (turkey baster style) and filled up with PS fluid....repeat every few days until the fluid is pretty clear.

I did this because draining and flushing the original fluid out looked like too much hard work!

Latest posts

Members online