Powder Coating Rims? POLL!

To Powder Coat or not to powder coat? That is the question...

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my buddy from work has a friend who does powder coating and he can get me a hook up for dirt cheap. I'm thinking of doing my rims. He did my buddy's motorcycle and it was AMAZING. I had my brother photoshop a pic so I could "get an idea" of what it would kind of look like. I like it, its growing on me, What Y'all think?:D

P.S

"Gunmetal Grey" is another color option i've been pondering.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black rims look good on anything. If it was cheap, I'd do it. I'd just be afraid of scratching off the powdercoat.

chadandy12

Reaction score
I was actaully thinking of doing this to my stockers, if you do it you will have to let us know how they hold up. I was worried like poster above of it scratching off. Just out of curiousity what does it cost for something like this regular Joe no discount? I personally think black is the way to go forsure.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Do it...I just Painted mine black (powder coat would look better) anyway, everyone thought I got new rims, or just lifted it, or new tires.... Bottom line, they look hella better black

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about painting my stock O3 Steel wheels. My Brother did it to his Ex's KJ, and I know there is at least one person on here who has done it. Not sure what my bro used, but I think the member on here used Rustoleom Hammered Paint.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Been thinking about painting my stock O3 Steel wheels. My Brother did it to his Ex's KJ, and I know there is at least one person on here who has done it. Not sure what my bro used, but I think the member on here used Rustoleom Hammered Paint.

I have the aluminum sport rims.... but I used the Dupli-color primer, Dupli-color wheel paint, and Dupli-color clear for wheels. Turned out nice.