Potential Michigan Fun Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little far from me, but looks like fun. I like the ugly truck contest, lol.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little late. I was just in Lansing the 12th through the 17th. A little too far to go back, 735 miles away.

longarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The show was a J-O-K-E! It was rigged! I don't want to come off as a sore loser, but come on, what I heard and witnessed, it's plain as day. We actually had one of the best spots in the lot, right next to the porta-poopers. LOTS of traffic and lines waiting to use them. I must have had over a dozen people want me to start it up so they could hear it run. LOTS of compliments, even two seperate people said I should start selling Jeeps, as I sound pretty good at it. We arrived at 8:30 am. I was under that thing shining up the skid plates I wanted to win so bad. End result, all I got out of it was a sunburn. The judges were sponsers of the event. They didn't look under my Jeep, nor inside. They really didn't even look at the paint. They just wanted to know what mods I had. Then a couple of hours later, I am over by the BDS Suspension tent and over heard the judges talking with Mark, the owner of Michigan Off Road Center. I inadvertentaly peeked over the judges shoulder at the results. I was on the list for 3rd place best street class or best in show. I only got a peek, hard to miss the "Third Place #19." I was #19. Then I hear Mark, the owner tell the sponsers that they need to give the best awards to the people who do the most business there. WOW!!!! Well I stuck it out for the next couple of hours because I say my entry mumber on there for atleast one trophy. Well, when they started giving away all the trophys, they were having little deliberations for a minute or two before announcing each name. TALK ABOUT BS!!!!! That coupled with the fact that the general attitude was that my Libby was nice but not an off roader. My KJ was the only one there that was 100% street legal. I was a contestant in 4 catagories. They were Baddest Jeep, Best Engineered, Best 4wd Street Class, and Best in Show. I detailed the hel outta my KJ. I KNOW for a fact I had the best shine there. I was looking at the clarity of the other trucks and Jeeps there. I wasn't looking for #1 there in everything, but comeone! As a matter of fact, thre was a Rubicon there that in my opinion was the nicest Jeep there. The people who got the trophies there were all on first name basis and friends with the owner. They had all their work done there and won a trophy as a result of it. It was a complete waste of time to even go. I would love to take some of those jokers out in a nice KJ and let them ride with some of yall that have shown what your KJ's can do. As a matter of fact, there should have only been one trophy class, "Customer Appreciation Trophies." Maybe if I had paid them to install my lift for me, I would have one something.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
!! What a joke !! I was about to go but I had to work in the morning. I was really anxious to get there and see what was happening. However, it sounds just like I thought in the back of my mind... It's always the people who know the people that win things. I feel for you but I do want to let you know that your Lib looks tight.

1.) Where did you get your lift again (what model is the lift)
2.) What shocks or springs did you go with?
3.) You trimmed with 255/70/16's? I have 245/70/16's so I might be able to avoid the triming.

Hopefully we'll get a Michigan trip going or a meet and greet.

-Peace-

longarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my lift regretably at Michigan Off Road. I'll never do business there again. I like the Daystar Spacer Lift though. It rides nice. I opted for the BDS Shocks instead of the Rancho shocks due to the BDS having neoprene bushings and not rubber. They will last alot longer. I did some minor trimming with my tires and I only have rubbing at full turn when I cut the wheel 100% of the way over. Other than that, they are fine.

We should all have a gtg. That would be pretty cool. I'm up in Genesee County.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
longarm said:
I got my lift regretably at Michigan Off Road. I'll never do business there again. I like the Daystar Spacer Lift though. It rides nice. I opted for the BDS Shocks instead of the Rancho shocks due to the BDS having neoprene bushings and not rubber. They will last alot longer. I did some minor trimming with my tires and I only have rubbing at full turn when I cut the wheel 100% of the way over. Other than that, they are fine.

We should all have a gtg. That would be pretty cool. I'm up in Genesee County.

Near Mt. Morris ohhh sounds like a fun time to do that again hehe! I wanna get my lift on though so I'm shortly looking to buy the Daystar Lift and probably the BDS Shocks that you mentioned. I was planning on the Rancho shocks but if BDS is reported to last better than that is what I would want.

-weeeeeeeeeeeee I can't wait to get this lift!

longarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call Jared at the Jeep Outfitters and ask for a price. They should take really good care of you there. Their just starting to realize the demand for Liberty's. If I were you, I'd get springs AND spacers, then you will look even better.

Members online

No members online now.